How to Participate in Sharefest 2014: Day 2
Day two of the ShareFest is the ShareFestival, an outdoor festival held from 1:00-7:00 on May 3rd at Washington Square Park, where you can learn about Rochester's sharing economy and meet the people and organizations involved!
There are five different groups that will be participating in day two:
- Attendees. We will be happy to see you there! If you really want to get into the sharing spirit, bring some gifts that you can give or barter with other people! Your gift can be anything from index cards with your favorite recipes, to cherry tomatoes you grew, to your ukulele playing, to hugs or high fives! Just keep it small enough to carry around, and be creative! If you just bring the gift of showing up, that's okay too!
- Volunteers. This is you if you are helping out! If you are volunteering, please fill out this form!
- Sharing Organizations/Organizers. If your organization helps people to spend less, create more, or share what they have, then we would love for you to be a part of the ShareFest! As one of our sharing organizations, you can participate by providing information and/or activities.
- Upcyclers. Rochester has a strong community of artisans working in materials that would otherwise go to waste. This is you if you are selling upcycled goods and also providing information and/or activities. We want to showcase your work!
- Cooperatively Owned Business. People in Rochester are banding together to start their own businesses cooperatively. We would love for you to participate at the ShareFestival by selling something, and providing information and/or activities.
If you are participating as a Sharing Organization/Organizer, an Upcycler, or a Cooperatively Owned Business, please complete this survey before April 26th!
You will be assigned a place at the ShareFestival and sorted based on which one of these categories you fit in. If you are able to, you can bring a table. Also remember to bring a sign to show who you are and any pamphlets, information, or activity materials that you will be using.
To help you brainstorm, here are some examples of activities that you can do!
Clean Sweep 2014 is happening the morning of the ShareFestival from 8:30am-12:30pm if you would like to join us! We will make sure to leave our park better than we found it!